Chloe Manor had 36 assists, 11 digs, three kills and an ace to lead the Aptos High Mariners past the St. Francis High Sharks to a 26-24, 25-15, 25-20 Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League sweep on Tuesday night in Watsonville.
Jillian Rodriguez had 15 kills and four aces, Sierra Martin added six kills and Cam Dueck made 18 digs for Aptos (7-7, 7-2), which hosts Soquel High today in a must-win match at 6:30 p.m.
• North Salinas 3, Watsonville 1 -The Watsonville High Wildcatz fell 25-22, 23-25, 25-16, 25-10 to the North Salinas High Vikings on Tuesday in Monterey Bay League Pacific division action.
Camilla Cardenas had eight kills, Evelyn Rios added 12 digs and Alexis Pena chimed in with 10 digs.
Watsonville hosts rival Pajaro Valley High today at 6:30 p.m.
• MVC 3, Alisal 1 - Cassidy Schurman had 10 kills and nine assists for the Monte Vista Christian Mustangs in a 25-8, 25-6, 25-15 sweep of Alisal High on Tuesday in Monterey Bay League Gabilan division play.
Abbey Lynch added four assists, eight kills and three blocks for M.V.C., which plays in the Milpitas Spikefest on Saturday.
• PV 3, Gilroy 1 - The Pajaro Valley High Grizzlies improved to 3-4 in Monterey Bay League Pacific division action with a 25-15, 28-26, 21-25, 25-18 win over Gilroy High on Tuesday night.
Jaqui Lopez had 29 assists, 10 aces and five digs, while Julie Che added 17 kills and five aces. Natalia Arroyo chimed in with nine digs and Isabella Langarcia finished with four aces and five kills.
P.V. travels across the city to Watsonville High today at 6:30 p.m.
GIRL’S WATER POLO
• Aptos 6, Salinas 5 - The Aptos High Mariners secured their third straight one-goal victory on Tuesday night against Salinas High in Monterey Bay League Gabilan division play.
Kristen Malone tied it up and Jordan Wagner scored the game-winning goal with less than two minutes left to play.
Aptos (13-3, 8-1) hosts San Lorenzo Valley High on Thursday at 7 p.m.
• Aptos 158, Santa Cruz 172 - The Aptos High Mariners cruised past the Santa Cruz High Cardinals for another Santa Cruz Coast Athletic League win on Tuesday at Seascape Golf Club in Aptos.
Amanda Fort fired a 34 to earn medalist honors. Megan Eldredge (36), Gianna Marinshaw (44) and Italia Riccabona (44) also scored for Aptos, which plays San Lorenzo Valley High on Tuesday at Boulder Creek Golf Course.
• Watsonville 4, PV 3 - The Watsonville High Wildcatz edged the Pajaro Valley High Grizzlies in Monterey Bay League Pacific division play.
Helen Benavides and Maya Banuelos won their singles matches, while the doubles teams of Alondra Mora and Madison Ramirez and Juliana Ornelas and Isabella Lara also scored wins.
• North Salinas 6, MVC 1 - The Cabrillo College Seahawks started their Coast Conference North division season with a 25-14, 25-10, 25-15 sweep of Monterey Peninsula College on Friday night.
• Santa Cruz 4, St. Francis 3 - Katherine Casper, Maya Talavera and Gabi Gutierrez all won their singles match for the St. Francis High Sharks in Tuesday’s Santa Cruz Coast Athletic league loss to Santa Cruz High.