Ageless Art seeks volunteers
SANTA CRUZ COUNTY — Ageless Art is seeking volunteers to facilitate art groups for seniors living in residential care facility.
Volunteers guide residents through the creative processes of painting, drawing or crafting.
To become a volunteer, call 459-8917, extension 208 or visit www.fsa-cc.org.
Air quality grants awarded
SANTA CRUZ COUNTY — On Sept. 20, the Monterey Bay Air Resources District Board approved the AB2766 Motor Vehicle Emission Reduction Grant Awards.
Grant awards are funded by DMV fees collected by the district and are used to fund grant projects that result in air quality benefits. These funds help to offset costs incurred by local governments where budgets cannot cover the full cost of these improvement projects.
This year’s AB2766 grant award budget totaled $1,202,551.
Direct emission reduction project grants were awarded to the following:
• Santa Cruz County: Santa Cruz METRO New Transit – Electric Bus Project
• Monterey County: 1. City of Monterey: Adaptive Traffic Signal Control Expansion. 2. Salinas Valley Solid Waste Authority: CNG Transfer Truck Replacement
• San Benito County: San Benito High School District: Fleet Truck Replacement Project
EV replacement vouchers were awarded to the following:
• Santa Cruz County agencies: UCSC Main Campus, Long Marine Lab and County of Santa Cruz General Services
• Monterey County agencies: Pebble Beach Communities Services District, Cypress Fire Protection District, Carmel Highlands Fire Protection District and the City of Monterey
• San Benito County Agencies: City of Hollister Information Systems and Management Services
Practical Activism Conference scheduled
SANTA CRUZ — The 15th annual Practical Activism Conference is scheduled for Oct. 21 from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the College Nine and College Ten Multipurpose Room at UC Santa Cruz.
This year’s conference will feature keynote speaker Zahra Billoo, spoken word artist Porsche Kelly, 10 interactive workshops and more.
The conference offers workshops on the topics of the Syrian Refugee Crisis, ICE raids, Black Lives Matter and more.
The Practical Activism Conference is run by students from College Nine, College Ten and Oakes College.
The conference is free and open to the public. Registration takes place on site. For information, visit practicalactivism.ucsc.edu.