The Pajaro Valley Grizzlies defeated Greenfield in a 47-0 romp at Watsonville High School on Friday night.
Anthony Cantrell ran for 141 yards and two touchdowns.
Quarterback Eddie Medina ran for 60 yards and Art Aguilar added 89 yards.
Justin Mendoza had a 66-yard interception return for a touchdown.
The Grizzlies (3-1) will start league play at Watsonville HIgh School on Friday against North Salinas.
• Clovis East Def. Aptos: The Aptos Mariners couldn’t pull out the comeback win over the Clovis East Timberwolves and they lost 30-28.
The Mariners (2-2) will host Harbor Friday in their league opener.
• Alisal Def. North Monterey County: North Monterey County dropped to 0-4 after losing to Alisal 22-19 on Friday.
They will begin league play against the Everette Alavrez Eagles at home.
• Pajaro Valley Def. North Monterey County: The Pajaro Valley Grizzlies won their first Monterey Bay League Pacific match of the season over the North Monterey County Condors in four sets 25-23, 25-11, 25-14, 27-25 on Thursday at Pajaro Valley High School.
Holly Holbert had eight aces and a game high 43 assists. Alyssa Rivera tallied 19 kills. Allison Espinoza added 14 kills in the PV win.
Taylor Blaha led the Condors with 14 kills. Karli Grajek had 25 digs and Hannah Ahearn topped her with 38 digs.
• Seaside Def. Watsonville.: The Watsonville Wildcatz lost their first Monterey Bay League Gabilan match of the season in four sets, 25-18, 25-18, 25-17, 25-18, Thursday at Seaside High School.
• Salinas Def. Monte Vista Christian: Newcomer No.1 player Olivia Howard won her match 6-1, 6-0, but the Monte Vista Christian Mustangs lost to the Salinas Cowboys 5-2 Thursday.
Grace Tao was the Mustangs other winner at 6-3, 6-3 over Dakota Gulick.
• Pajaro Valley Def. Christopher: The Pajaro Valley Grizzlies mauled the Christopher Cougars 6-1 on Thursday to win their first league match.
No. 2 singles player Christy Rodriguez won her match 6-4, 6-4.
No. 3 singles player Kiany Vela-De Luna battled for a three set win 6-3, 5-7, 11-9.
No. 4 singles Jennifer Soriano cruised to a 6-3, 6-2 win.
The Grizzlies’ No. 1 doubles team of Chelsi Ocamp and Romina Rodriguez prevailed in three sets 4-6, 6-0, 10-3.
• Salinas Def. Watsonville: The Watsonville Wildcatz lost their first league match of the season 5-2 on Thursday.
Catz’s No.1 Sarah Benavidez defeated Rachel Krueger 6-0, 6-2, and No. 3 Joseline Lopez took down Ansley Grover 3-6, 6-4, 10-5.
Share on Facebook
Pajaro Valley Aptos North monterey County Football Monte VIsta Christian Watsonville Tennis volleyball Anthony Cantrell Justin Mendoza Eddie Medina Holly Holbert Taylor Blaha Alyssa Rivera Olivia Howard , exxon, main, water, watsonville, propane, tanks, fuel, gas, american, diesal, store