Ryan Rivera hit two home runs as the Braves defeated the Astros 10-2 in Pajaro Valley Little League majors action on Wednesday in Watsonville.
Rivera scored three times and finished with four RBIs in his big performance.
Garret Laine had two hits, including a home run, and finished with three RBIs. Andrew Seymour had two hits.
For the Astros, Michael Baum had an RBI single, while Joshua Yannone had a single and scored on Baum’s base hit.
In other majors games:
• Cubs 6, Giants 3: Kyle Passey had a three-hit day as the Cubs prevailed on Monday evening.
Jacob Haney had two RBIs in the win.
The Giants’ Isaac Gonzalez hit a home run and finished with two RBIs. Ulysses Zamora also hit a home run.
• Rays 5, Padres 2: Maximillian Ramirez IV hit a double and two singles as the Rays held off the Padres.
Mikey Camargo tallied three RBIs and had two hits for the Rays in Tuesday’s game.
For the Padres, Trevor Sandoval and Noel Vega each scored a run. Eddie Munoz had an RBI single.
• Athletics 3, Cardinals 2: The A’s Sean Carrillo scored twice as the green-collared squad edged the Cardinals.
Benjamin Cosio had a single for the Cardinals.
• Dodgers 5, Giants 3: Luke Keaschall scored twice, and Danny Miranda had an RBI single in the win on Tuesday.
The Giants’ Marcus Hernandez hit a single and scored a run, while Magdiel Cardenas had a hit and an RBI.
• Yankees 12, Athletics 5: Brandon George had a triple as part of his two-hit outing to lead the Yankees to the big win on Wednesday.
Nathaniel Dillard had two hits, and Julio Renteria had a double for the A’s.
For the complete article see the 03-23-2013 issue.
Click here to view the 03-23-2013 E-Edition containing the rest of this article.
Share on Facebook